This is an amazing plant with heart shaped leaves that contains plenty of amazing properties. This is a crop that has a dry and a hard flesh and a characteristic aroma that becomes lot more prominent when the sweet potatoes are boiled.
The more orange or red the color of the flesh, the stronger the aroma of the potatoes. Maybe it is because the high presence of beta carotene, but there are also a lot more nutrients in the sweet potatoes than you can imagine, this is why today we are going to share with you some of the best nutrients along with the health benefits that come with consuming the sweet potatoes on an every day basis.
1. Will improve your digestion – the fiber content which is found in the sweet potatoes is higher than that of the content in the common potatoes and in addition, the sweet potatoes taste good as well. When these two factors are combined along with all of the other minerals such as the magnesium, which is present in the sweet potatoes, it makes up for an excellent facilitator for your overall digestive system. The sweet potatoes are incredibly easy to digest as well, mostly because they are mainly made out of starch. They are soothing for the tummy as well as the intestines, so you can defintiely avoid any difficulties when digesting them.
2. It will promote weight gain – the sweet potatoes contain a pretty good amount of complex starches, along with a big list of healthy vitamins, minerals and even some protein too. Moreover, they are very, very easy to digest. This is the reason why they provide a lot of energy and are considered to be an excellent bulk for builders as well as for people looking to gain some weight. Some people who have recently suffered from a severe illness or are self conscious about being frail or abnormally thin should definitely welcome this news about sweet potatoes with open arms, since there are no associated side effects from them, which most of the synthetic bulk building dietary supplements unfortunately have.
3. It is able to treat your inflammation – just like the common potatoes, the sweet potatoes also contain anti inflammatory properties, even though both of these types of potato belong to different food families. This is mostly because of the presence of beta carotene, Vitamin C as well as magnesium. They are both equally effective in curing internal inflammation and external inflammation.
4. Also, it is able to boost your immune system – because the sweet potatoes are being very rich in beta carotene, which is a major antioxidant, along with the Vitamin C and B vitamins, in addition to the iron and phosphorus, the sweet potatoes are excellent immune system boosters that can defend your body from a wide range of conditions and ailments.
5. It will relieve the asthma symptoms – the sweet potatoes have proven to be quite effective when it comes to curing congestion of the nose, bronchi, and lungs. This is how they will provide you with relief from asthma. The typical aroma of the sweet potato helps in this area very much.
6. Treat bronchitis with it – the sweet potatoes are believed to be able of warming up the body, possibly because of the sweetness and all of the other nutrients that impact the body temperature. This ability is also beneficial for those people who are suffering from bronchitis, along with its powerful effect it has on congestion. The high concentration of Vitamin C, iron and other nutrients will help you cure bronchitis completely.
7. Reduce the pain caused from arthritis – all of the nutrients, including the beta carotene, magnesium, zinc, and Vitamin B complex make sweet potatoes highly important food source for reducing the excruciating arthritis pains. The water in which the sweet potatoes are boiled can also be applied externally directly on the joints in order to ease the pain frequently associated with arthritis.
8. Try and treat stomach ulcers with it – the sweet potatoes have a soothing effect on both the stomach and the intestines. The B complex vitamins, the Vitamin C, the beta carotene, the potassium as well as the calcium are all very effective in dealing with stomach ulcers. In addition to this, the roughage found in the sweet potatoes prevents constipation and the resultant acid formation, thus reducing the chances of getting ulcers. The anti inflammatory and soothing properties of the sweet potatoes also reduce the pain and inflammation caused by the ulcers.
9. Prevent your body from dehydration – the fiber or the roughage present in the sweet potatoes helps the body retain water in normal amounts. This maintains the water balance in the body, thus keeping you hydrated and maintaining the efficient functioning of your cells.
10. Sweet potatoes can control diabetes – contrary to the popular belief, the sweet potatoes are beneficial for diabetics. Surprisingly, the sweet potatoes have been proven to be are very effective in regulating the blood sugar levels by helping the proper secretion and optimal function of the insulin. Of course, this does not mean that thediabetics should eat them all of the time and in unlimited quantities. The idea is that the sweet potatoes can come as a mere replacement for rice or carb intake as a healthier option.
The sweet potatoes in addition have been proven to be beneficial for helping people quit some really bad addictions such as drinking, smoking and the intake of certain narcotics. The sweet potatoes are excellent for the health of the veins as well as the arteries, as they are able to protect the walls from hardening. Also, the amazingly high amount of beta carotene (which is an alternate form of the Vitamin A) in combination with the phosphorous are proven to be beneficial for cardiac and ocular health. This is why we have decided to present this veggie to you today and urge you to start consuming it on a regular basis! Reap all the benefits from it and include it in your healthier every day dieting plan, you will not regret it!